The Woman Taking Coffee
- Additional Title(s):
The Woman ta King Coffee
- ca. 1774
- Crayon manner, colored, heightened with gold on moderately thick, textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 × 9 13/16 inches (31.8 × 25 cm), Image: 11 1/8 × 9 inches (28.2 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "62.3"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "L. Martin invenit. 1774."; lower center: "The Woman ta King Coffee."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bowl | coffee | cup | curls | dressing gown | drinking | food | genre subject | gold | lady | leaves | makeup | motif | necklace | noblewoman | oval | portrait | pouring | steam | teacup | watching | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Pearls to pyramids : British visual culture and the Levant, 1600-1830 [wall labels], Yale Center for British Art, 2008, p. 22, V 2576 (YCBA) [YCBA]
Pearls to pyramids : British visual culture and the Levant, 1600-1830, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2008, pp. 6, 15, V1880 [ORBIS]