- William Hawley
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/2 × 18 13/16 inches (64.8 × 47.8 cm), Plate: 21 7/8 × 16 inches (55.6 × 40.6 cm), and Image: 17 3/4 × 14 inches (45.1 × 35.6 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Thos. Lawrence, R.A. Principal Painter in Ordinary to His Majesty."; lettered, lower center: "WILLIAM HOWLEY D.D. F.R.S. | LORD BISHOP OF LONDON. | London, Pub'd. July 28, 1817, by Messrs. Colnaghi and Co. Cockspur Street, Haymarket."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by C.Turner, Warren Street, Fitzroy Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bishop (prelate) | chair | clergyman | cloud | collar | drapery | man | nobleman | pillar | portrait | religious and mythological subject | religious and mythological subject | robe | ruffles | shawl | upholstery | wig
- Associated People:
- Howley, William (1766–1848), archbishop of Canterbury
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Turner, 1774–1857, British, William Hawley, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.