- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/2 × 18 13/16 inches (64.8 × 47.8 cm), Plate: 21 7/8 × 16 inches (55.6 × 40.6 cm), and Image: 17 3/4 × 14 inches (45.1 × 35.6 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Thos. Lawrence, R.A. Principal Painter in Ordinary to His Majesty."; lettered, lower center: "WILLIAM HOWLEY D.D. F.R.S. | LORD BISHOP OF LONDON. | London, Pub'd. July 28, 1817, by Messrs. Colnaghi and Co. Cockspur Street, Haymarket."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by C.Turner, Warren Street, Fitzroy Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bishop (prelate) | chair | clergyman | cloud | collar | drapery | man | nobleman | pillar | portrait | religious and mythological subject | religious and mythological subject | robe | ruffles | shawl | upholstery | wig
- Associated People:
- Howley, William (1766–1848), archbishop of Canterbury
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.