IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Turner, 1774–1857, British, William Hawley, 1817
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/2 × 18 13/16 inches (64.8 × 47.8 cm), Plate: 21 7/8 × 16 inches (55.6 × 40.6 cm), Image: 17 3/4 × 14 inches (45.1 × 35.6 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Thos. Lawrence, R.A. Principal Painter in Ordinary to His Majesty."; lettered, lower center: "WILLIAM HOWLEY D.D. F.R.S. | LORD BISHOP OF LONDON. | London, Pub'd. July 28, 1817, by Messrs. Colnaghi and Co. Cockspur Street, Haymarket."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by C.Turner, Warren Street, Fitzroy Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bishop (prelate) | chair | clergyman | cloud | collar | drapery | man | nobleman | pillar | portrait | religious and mythological subject | religious and mythological subject | robe | ruffles | shawl | upholstery | wig
- Associated People:
- Howley, William (1766–1848), archbishop of Canterbury
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.