- The Right Reverend George Huntingford, Lord Bishop of Gloucester
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/16 × 14 1/4 inches (51.3 × 36.2 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 13 15/16 inches (50.5 × 35.4 cm), and Image: 18 1/8 × 13 7/8 inches (46 × 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4.P.181"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by T.Lawrencd Esqr.R.A. | Principal Painter in Ordinary to his Majesty."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by James Ward Painter and Engraver | to His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales."; lettered, lower center: "THE RIGHT REVD. GEORGE ISAAC HUNTINGFORD D.D. LORD BISHOP of GLOUCESTER | and Warden of Winchester College. | To the Gentlemen of Winchester College This Print is by permission dedicated by their respectful & obedt. Servt. | Robt. Cribb. | London Published 1st Augst. 1807, by R.Cribb, 288 Holborn."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bishop (prelate) | chair | collar | drapery | moonlight | nobleman | pillar | portrait | religious and mythological subject | reverend | ring | robe | rope | ruffle | shawl | sitting | wig
- Associated People:
- Huntingford, Lord George Isaac (1748-1832), Bishop of Hereford and Gloucester
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, The Right Reverend George Huntingford, Lord Bishop of Gloucester, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.