- The Admiralty Office
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 x 19 3/4 inches (35.5 x 50.1 cm), Plate: 13 5/16 x 18 1/2 inches (33.8 x 47 cm), and Image: 12 5/8 x 18 1/16 inches (32 x 45.9 cm)
Inscribed in orange ink, on back, lower left: "Pag 35."
Lettered in black ink, upper center, within image, in banner: "THE ADMIRALTY OFFICE"; lower center: "London Printed and Sold by John Bowles at the black Horse in Cornhill."; lower right: "Tho: Bowles delin: et Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | banner | box (container) | building | cape (outerwear) | carriages | carrying | chimneys (architectural elements) | city | cityscape | clouds | coats | columns (architectural elements) | costume | dogs (animals) | doors | dresses | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | lamps (lighting device components) | nobility | office | pillars | railings | road | square | stairs | street | talking | tricornes | walking | walls | wheels | whips | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | London | Ripley Building | United Kingdom | Whitehall
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bowles, ca. 1712–died 1753, British, The Admiralty Office, 1731
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.