One of Eleven Designs for Houses and Shops
- Part Of:
- ca. 1800
- Graphite, pen and black ink, gouache and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 7/8 x 15 3/16 inches (55.6 x 38.5 cm), Image: 18 3/8 x 11 5/8 inches (46.7 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "AD. 167"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "5", "10", "10", "20", "30", "40 Feet"; inscribed on mount, lower center: "ANONYMOUS: 1 OF 11 DESIGNS FOR HOUSES AND SHOPS"; inscribed on verso of mount, lower left: "ANONYMOUS | 1 OF 11 DESIGNS FOR HOUSES AND SHOPS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | design | elevation (drawing) | facade | floor plan | house | pediment | scale (rule) | site plan | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, One of Eleven Designs for Houses and Shops, ca. 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.