Lesley, Eveque de Rosse
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Stipple and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 12 1/2 × 7 3/16 inches (31.8 × 18.3 cm) and Image: 11 13/16 × 6 7/8 inches (30 × 17.5 cm)
Inscrbied in graphite, lower center: "Vol.4 P.209"
Lettered, lower left: "Adr. vander Werff pinx."; lettered, lower right: "P.a Gunst Sculps."; lettered, lower center: "LESLEY, | EVEQUE DE ROSSE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- biretta | bishop (prelate) | dog | frames (ornament areas) | historian | hood | key | man | mozzetta | octagon | pedestal | portrait | priest | prisoner | religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Pieter S. van der Gunst, 1659–c. 1724, Lesley, Eveque de Rosse, 1707
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.