The Grand Canal, Venice
- Etching; engraver's proof, open etched state on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper with cream chine-collé
- Sheet (trimmed inside image): 15 3/8 × 22 inches (39.1 × 55.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "648"; lower left: "(2)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "The Grand Canal, Venice | 10/6"
Lettered below image: "J. M. W. Turner R. A. | Etched by Will" (trimmed away)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- canal | church | cityscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Grand Canal | Italy | Santa Maria della Salute | St Mark's Campanile | Venice | Venice
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, The Grand Canal, Venice, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.