Cave of the Golden Calf: Study of Dancers
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Cave of the Golden Calf, Sketch of Unidentifiable Object
- Part Of:
- Graphite, colored pencil and crayon on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 x 10 inches (35.6 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "8 great Russell | mansion | [...] York Mansion | Battersea | Park | S W."; lower center: "12 x 4."; lower right: "[...]4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Frederick Gore
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cabaret | dancers | dancing | design | figure study | figures (representations) | nightclub | study (visual work) | theater design
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | London | The Cave of the Golden Calf | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Spencer Frederick Gore, 1878–1914, British, Cave of the Golden Calf: Study of Dancers, 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.