Elizabeth (née Dashwood) Montague, With Her Son, George Montague, Viscount Mandeville
- Additional Title(s):
The Duchess of Manchester
Diana Disarming Cupid
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- 25 1/2 × 16 11/16 inches (64.8 × 42.4 cm) and 24 5/16 × 16 1/8 inches (61.8 × 41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "The Duchess of Manchester | [...] like"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.221"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt"; lettered, lower right: "James Watson fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | arrow | bow | boy | child | cloud | crown | duchess | field | grass | hill | moon | mother | portrait | quiver | religious and mythological subject | robe | sandal | sash | scepter | son | tree | wings | woman
- Associated People:
Montagu, George Viscount Mandeville (1763–1772)
Montagu, Elizabeth (née Dashwood), Duchess of Manchester (1740/1741?—1832)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Elizabeth (née Dashwood) Montague, With Her Son, George Montague, Viscount Mandeville, 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.