IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by George Hollis, 1792–1842, British, St. Mark's Place, Venice - Juliet and her Nurse, 1842
St. Mark's Place, Venice - Juliet and her Nurse
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 25 3/8 × 33 3/8 inches (64.5 × 84.8 cm), Plate: 21 1/8 × 25 1/2 inches (53.7 × 64.8 cm), Image: 16 1/2 × 22 1/8 inches (41.9 × 56.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.654"; lower left: "Engraver's Proof"
Scratched lettering below image: "Painted by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Engrd. by G. Hollis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.