St. Mark's Place, Venice - Juliet and her Nurse
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 25 3/8 × 33 3/8 inches (64.5 × 84.8 cm), Plate: 21 1/8 × 25 1/2 inches (53.7 × 64.8 cm), and Image: 16 1/2 × 22 1/8 inches (41.9 × 56.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.654"; lower left: "Engraver's Proof"
Scratched lettering below image: "Painted by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Engrd. by G. Hollis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Hollis, 1792–1842, British, St. Mark's Place, Venice - Juliet and her Nurse, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.