- Frances Brooke, Lady Witmore
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 × 15 3/8 inches (50.8 × 39.1 cm), Plate: 18 × 13 inches (45.7 × 33 cm), and Image: 16 1/8 × 13 inches (41 × 33 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Peter Lely. | I"; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by Thomas Watson."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd Jany.1st.1778, for T:Watson, No.142,&W:Shropshire, No.158, New Bond-Street, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Frances Brooke, Lady Witmore, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.