Marine Study No. 1
- Former Title(s):
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/16 x 13 7/8 inches (31.2 x 35.3 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 x 10 3/8 inches (22.6 x 26.3 cm), and Image: 7 7/16 x 9 7/8 inches (18.9 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "18253 | [horizontal line] | 4"; on back, lower left: "CANOT, Peter Charles"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "W. V V | No,, 1,,"; lower center: "London,, Published Novr 1st,, 1773,, by J,, Boydell Engraver No 90. Cheapside."; lower right: "P. C. C"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | clouds | coast | flags | galleons | genre subject | marine art | masts | men | men-of-war | oars | poles | rowboats | sailboats | sails | sea | seamen | ships | shore (landform) | workers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Pierre Charles Canot, ca. 1710–1777, French, active in Britain, Marine Study No. 1, 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.