Washing the Blackamoor
- Etching and stipple engraving, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 15 inches (27.3 x 38.1 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 13 7/8 inches (25.3 x 35.3 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 12 7/8 inches (22.2 x 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, on back, upper left: "4096"; in graphite, upper left: "2.00"; lower left: "By Isac Cruickshank. | 1795 The Pooodle is Shown | under the dressing table."
Lettered, upper right: "Pub by SW Fores No50 Picadilly London Jully 24 1795"; lower left inside image: "IC"; lower center: "WASHING the BLACKAMOOR"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | dog (animal) | feathers | genre subject | illustration | man | political | racial | satire | servants | washing | wigs | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Isaac Cruikshank, 1756–1810, British, Washing the Blackamoor, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.