Monstrosities of 1827
- Etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 9 7/8 × 14 5/8 inches (25.1 × 37.2 cm) and 8 3/4 × 14 5/8 inches (22.3 × 37.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Fashion Caricature 1827 | by Cruikshank | Poodle & Pug (underlined) £3/3/="
Lettered, lower left (partially cut off): "rt. Cruikshank delt et fecit | mr B reads fashions"; lower center: "Monstrosities of 1827. _"; lower right: "Pub.d by Thos McLean 26 Haymarket Aug1 18" rest cut off
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | caricature | cityscape | dogs (animals) | dresses | fashion | garden | genre subject | hats | illustration | lace | leisure | men | monument | pants | park (grounds) | people | ruffles | satire | top hats | walking | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Isaac Cruikshank, 1789–1856, British, Monstrosities of 1827, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.