- Specimens of Waltzing
- Etching and stipple engraving, hand-colored on moderately thick, textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 13 13/16 inches (24.7 x 35.1 cm) and Image: 8 7/16 x 12 15/16 inches (21.5 x 32.9 cm)
Inscribed in blue pen, on back, upper left: "4106"; in graphite, upper left: "$10.00"; lower left: "Ballroom Dancing/Waltzing (underlined) | Dogs Dancing (1 Poodle) (underlined) | A rare & very early Waltzing Caricature | D Cruikshank, 1817 (underlined) | 1179 | G1994"; lower right: "388"
Lettered, lower left: "(Etched by G Cruikshank)"; lower center: "SPECIMENS of WALTZING"; lower right: "Pubd June 4th 1817 by H Humphrey | 27 St James's Street London ~~~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | ballroom | caricature | curtains | dancing | dogs (animals) | draperies | dresses | feet | genre subject | hats | men | noses | pictures | satire | waltzing | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Specimens of Waltzing, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.