Dandies Having a Treat
- Etching and stipple engraving, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 x 15 11/16 inches (25.7 x 39.8 cm), Plate: 9 9/16 x 13 3/4 inches (24.3 x 35 cm), and Image: 8 1/2 x 12 5/8 inches (21.6 x 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, on back, upper left: "4178"; in graphite, upper left: "$7.50"; lower left: "9 (circled) | F / K / - | £4/4/= | Five State | 1818"; lower right: "418"
Lettered, upper right: "324"; lower left: "IR Cruikshank invt & fecit ~"; lower center: "DANDIES having a treat."; lower right: "Pub.d Jany 1818 by T Tegg 111 Cheapside ~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bar | boots | caricature | crowd | Dandies | dog (animal) | eating | fashion | genre subject | hats | humor | illustration | men | middle-class | noblemen | satire | shop | spurs | store | umbrella
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Isaac Cruikshank, 1789–1856, British, Dandies Having a Treat, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.