A Maiden Lady and her Family
- between 1820 and 1840
- Lithograph with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 8 7/8 inches (29.2 x 22.5 cm) and Image: 9 7/16 x 7 11/16 inches (23.9 x 19.5 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, on back, upper left: "4104"; in graphite, upper left: "12.50"; lower left: "L + M"; lower right: "401"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "T.W.G."; lower center: "A MAIDEN LADY AND HER FAMILY. | Pub.d by O. Hodgson 10.Cloth Fair, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | apron | birds | cap | caricature | cats | dogs (animals) | earrings | family | genre subject | humor | kissing | maiden | milk | monkeys (animals) | old | parrots | puppies | satire | saucer | spoon, tea | teacup | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Christopher Plumb, The Georgian menagerie : exotic animals in eighteenth-century London, I.B. Tauris, London, 2015, p. 199, fig. 10, QL73.G72 L667 2015