- Etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 13 7/8 x 9 11/16 inches (35.3 x 24.6 cm) and Image: 12 9/16 x 8 11/16 inches (31.9 x 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in blue pen, on back, upper left: "4109"; in graphite, upper left: "$20.00"; lower left: "12 (circled) | G Heath - 182 - | L3/3/= | T/k/-"; lower right: "385"
Lettered, lower left: "(sketch of man with parasol) Esq. Del."; lower center: "MISS - ANN - THROPY"; lower right: "London. Published by Thos. McLean, 26 Haymarket"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alone | angry | animal art | animals | bird | bonnet | cap | caricature | cats | dogs (animals) | dolls | dresses | fireplace | firescreens (furniture) | genre subject | glasses, eye | gloves | humor | misanthropy | newspaper | old | parody | patterns | pictures | reading | rugs | satire | table | teakettle | teapot | utensils | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Heath, active 1824–1835, British, Miss-Ann-Thropy, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.