- Willem van Keppel, 2nd Earl of Albermarle
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 10 3/4 inches (37.8 × 27.3 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 × 9 15/16 inches (35.4 × 25.2 cm), and Image: 12 3/16 × 9 13/16 inches (31 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.1 P.10"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "3/6"
Lettered, lower left: "J. Fournier Pinxt. a La haye 1749"; lettered, lower center: "The Right Honble William Anne, Keppel, Earl of Albermarle, Viscount Bury, | Baron of Ashford, Groom of the Stole, Governour & Captn. General of Virginia, Colonel of the Coldstream | Regiment of Foot, St. General of His Majesty's Forces, Ambassador Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary | to the Court of France, one of the Privy Council, & Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter & c."; lettered, lower right: "J. Faber fecit 1751."; lettered, lower left: "Price 2 shill: Sold at the Golden Head near the Church Bloomsbury Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Willem van Keppel, 2nd Earl of Albermarle, 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.