- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 11/16 × 9 5/8 inches (34.8 × 24.4 cm), Plate: 12 15/16 × 8 15/16 inches (32.9 × 22.7 cm), and Image: 10 9/16 × 8 7/8 inches (26.8 × 22.5 cm)
Inscrbied in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.237"
Lettered, lower left: "Echardt Pinxt, 1746"; lettered, lower right: "Faber fecit 1751."; lettered, lower center: "Conyers Middleton D.D. | Principal Librarian to the University of Cambridge. | From an Original in the Collection of the Honble. HORACE WALPOLE. | Price 1s 6 p Sold at the Golden Head near the Church Bloomsbury Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | clergyman | collar | librarian | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | reverend | robe | wig
- Associated People:
- Middleton, Conyers (1683-1750). English clergyman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Conyers Middleton, 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.