Francis Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings
- Additional Title(s):
The Right Honorable Francis, Earl of Moira
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 × 16 inches (53.3 × 40.6 cm), Image: 18 5/8 × 14 7/8 inches (47.3 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5 P.239"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by F.Bartolozzi R.A."; lettered, lower center: "The Portrait Painted by J.Hoppner, R.A. | THE RIGHT HONORABLE FRANCIS EARL OF MOIRA, &c.&c.&c. | Acting Grand Master of the most Ancient and Honorable Society of Free and Accepted Masons | "Virtus | Intaminatis fulget honoribus" Horace | Dedicated by Permission to His Royal Highness George Prince of Wales &c.&c.&c | by His Royal Highness obliged and obedient Servant HENRY LANDSEER."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by H.Landseer."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crown | feathers | garlands | lions | military art | portrait | throne
- Associated People:
- Hastings, Francis Rawdon, first marquess of Hastings and second earl of Moira (1754–1826), army officer and politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Edwin Henry Landseer, 1802–1873, British, Francis Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings, 1793-1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.