Reverend John Moore, Lord Archbishop of Canterbury
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on moderatlely thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/8 × 14 11/16 inches (49.2 × 37.3 cm) and Image: 16 11/16 × 13 1/2 inches (42.4 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "Vol.5.P.241"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by George Romney"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.Jones Engraver Extraordinary to His R.H. the | Prince of Wales & Principal Engraver to HIs R.H. the Duke of York."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd as the Act directs Feby. 1, 1792, by J.Jones, No.75, Great Portland Street. | The Most Revd. John Moore, D.D. | LORD ARCHIBISHOP OF CANTERBURY, | Primate of all England."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | curtain | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | tippet | wig
- Associated People:
- Moore, John (1730-1805), Lord Archbishop of Canterbury
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, Reverend John Moore, Lord Archbishop of Canterbury, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.