The Golden Bough
- Etching; open etched state on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 16 1/8 × 26 1/2 inches (41 × 67.3 cm), 23 × 29 inches (58.4 × 73.7 cm), 21 5/8 × 27 5/8 inches (54.9 × 70.2 cm), and 15 × 23 1/8 inches (38.1 × 58.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 677. Etching"; lower left: "677. Etching"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Mr. Shannon | 3a8 | Rev M Woolley | 57-"; lower left: "GHW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Aeneid | bouquet | castle | cave | city | cloud | dance | distant view | fire | fog | grass | hill | lake | literary theme | lyre | man | religious and mythological subject | ruins | sickle | tree | valley (landform) | vase | vine | woman
- Associated Places:
- Averno, Lago d' | Campania | Italy | Napoli
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James T. Willmore, 1800–1863, British, The Golden Bough, 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.