Bridge and Cows
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 × 15 1/4 inches (27.9 × 38.7 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "2.I."; lower right: "Proof | Dupl III"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "N | (C.J. Palmer. 1868)"; lower right: "Cotswold Gallery. 1924, ex G. E. Blood, & Sir John Hippisley | (Sir John Hippisley)"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "P"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner, R.A. | Engraved by C.Turner | Published as the Act directs by J.M.W.Turner Harley Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | cow | house | landscape | peasant | trees | water
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Bridge and Cows, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.