The Bridge in Middle Distance
- Additional Title(s):
The Sun between Trees
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 14 3/4 inches (26.4 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "13.I"; lower right: "Dup. I."; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "13.I | JMWT (C.J.Palmer 1868) | (Sir John Hippisley)"; lower right: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex G.E.Blood, CJ Palmer & Sir John Hippisley"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "EP"; below image: "Drawn & Etchd by J.M.W.Turner Esqr. R.A.P.P. | Engraved by Chas.Turner | London, Published June 10, 1808, by C.Turner, No.50 Warren Street, Fitzroy Square."; scratched lettering lower left: "Proof"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | country (rural landscape) | landscape | musician | river | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Bridge in Middle Distance, 1808