The Right Reverent Thomas Newton, D.D.
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 18 5/16 × 14 1/16 inches (46.5 × 35.7 cm) and Image: 16 × 12 15/16 inches (40.6 × 32.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5 P.254"; lower center: "Sir Newton Bishop of Bristol"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Newton Bishop of Bristol"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curtain | dome | man | mortarboard | portrait | religious and mythological subject | tippet | wig | window
- Associated People:
- Newton, Thomas (1704–1782), bishop of Bristol
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Watson, 1740–1790, British, The Right Reverent Thomas Newton, D.D, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.