IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, Johannes Potter, Archiepiscopus Cantuariensis, 1741
Johannes Potter, Archiepiscopus Cantuariensis
- Additional Title(s):
John Potter, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Stipple engraving, line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 16 7/16 × 11 3/4 inches (41.8 × 29.8 cm), Image: 13 5/8 × 10 5/8 inches (34.6 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5 P.278"
Lettered, lower left: "Tho:Gibson | pinxit"; lettered, lower right: "Geo:Vertue | Sculpsit"; lettered, lower center: "Reverendissimus in Christo Pater | JOHANNES POTTER | Providentia Divina, | ARCHIEPISCOPUS CANTUARIENSIS | totius Angliae Primas et metropolitanus | Serenissimo Regi Georgio II a Secrelioribus Consilius."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armrests | bands | book | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | tippet | wig
- Associated People:
- Potter, Johannes ( 1674-1747), Archbishop of Canterbury
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.