- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 4 3/4 inches (18.4 × 12.1 cm), Plate: 7 × 4 1/2 inches (17.8 × 11.4 cm), and Image: 3 5/8 × 2 7/8 inches (9.2 × 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5.P.286"
Lettered, lower center: "Heath sc. | WILLIAM ROBERTSON,D.D. | Historiographer to his Majesty | for Schotland. | Publish'd by G.Cawthorn, 30 April, 1799. 132 Strand, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- historian | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | tippet | wig
- Associated People:
- Robertson, William (1721–1793), cleric/religious official, academic/intellectual
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.