The Hindoo Worshipper
- Additional Title(s):
The Temple of Minerva Medica
- Part Of:
- Etching and aquatint, printed in brown ink First Published State on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 16 1/8 inches (27.9 × 41 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "10 | 14"; lower left: "23. I."; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "E14"; lower left: "23.I"; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex. G.E.Blood"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "EP"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner R.A. P.P. | Engraved by R.Dunkarton | Published Jany. 1 1811 by Mr. Turner Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | temple | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Hindoo Worshipper, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.