- Frederick Schomburg, 1st Duke of Schonberg, 1st Count Mertola
- Engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 18 13/16 × 14 9/16 inches (47.8 × 37 cm) and Sheet: 17 11/16 × 13 7/16 inches (44.9 × 34.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lowr right: "Vol.6.P.296"
Lettered, lower left: "G.Kneller ad vivum pinx:"; letterd, lower right: "P Vandrebanc sculp:"; lettered, lower center: "FREDERICK Duke of SCHONBERG Marquess of Harwich, Earl of Brasford. | Baron of Tays, Genll. of all his Maties. Forces, Master Genll. of his Maties. ordnance, One of his | Maties. most honoble. Privy Councill, Knight of the Most noble Order of ye Grter; Count of ye Holy | Empire, and Mortola, Grandee of Portugall Genll. of ye Elector of Brandenburgs Forces, Stadtholder of Prussia &c. | Offered by his most humble Servant P.Vandrebanc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Peter Vanderbank, 1649–1697, French, Frederick Schomburg, 1st Duke of Schonberg, 1st Count Mertola, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.