- Lauffenbourgh on the Rhine
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 16 3/8 inches (28.9 × 41.6 cm), Plate: 8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.3 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 1/8 inches (17.8 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "31.I"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Mary Constance Clarke"; in graphite, lower center: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex G.E.Blood & Stokes."; lower left: "31. I"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c); collector's mark: Charles Stokes (Lugt 2758)
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner, R.A.P.P. | Engraved by T.Hodgetts | LAUFFENBOURGH on the RHINE. | Published Jany. 1, 1811, by Mr. Turner, Queen Ann Street, West."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Lauffenbourgh on the Rhine, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.