- Margaret Georgiana Spencer, (née Poyntz), Countess Spencer, and Her Daughter, Georgiana Cavendish, (née Spencer), Duchess of Devonshire
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 × 14 7/16 inches (50.8 × 36.7 cm) and Image: 17 3/8 × 13 7/8 inches (44.1 × 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6.P.312"
Lettered, lower left: "J.Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J.Watson fecit."; lettered, lower center: "The RIGHT HONOURABLE | Georgiana Lady Viscountess Spender, and Her Daughter the | Honble. Miss Georgiana Spencer. | London, Printed for Robt. Sayer, Map & Printseller, at the Golden Buck near Serjeants Inn, Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Margaret Georgiana Spencer, (née Poyntz), Countess Spencer, and Her Daughter, Georgiana Cavendish, (née Spencer), Duchess of Devonshire, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.