- Margaret Georgiana Spencer (née Poyntz), Countess Spencer
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid ppaer
- Sheet: 15 3/16 × 11 1/4 inches (38.6 × 28.6 cm), Plate: 14 7/8 × 10 15/16 inches (37.8 × 27.8 cm), and Image: 13 1/4 × 10 15/16 inches (33.7 × 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by Thomas Watson."; lettered, lower center: "Georgiana Lady Viscountess Spencer | London Publish'd Novr 2st.1772 by S.Hooper No. Ludgate Hill, W.Shropshire, No. New Bond Street, & T.Watson. No.8 Broad Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Margaret Georgiana Spencer (née Poyntz), Countess Spencer, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.