- Lord Henry and Lady Charlotte Spencer
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/16 × 13 1/16 inches (43.3 × 33.2 cm), Plate: 15 × 10 15/16 inches (38.1 × 27.8 cm), and Image: 11 3/4 × 9 9/16 inches (29.8 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6 P.313
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower center: "Publ'd as the Act directs, April 1st. 1790 by J.Jones, Great Potland Street. | Lord Henry and Lady Charlotte Spencer | DIEU DEFEND LE DROIT"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.Jones"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, Lord Henry and Lady Charlotte Spencer, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.