Laurence Sterne, A.M.
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/8 x 11 3/4 inches (39.7 x 29.9 cm), Plate: 14 15/16 x 10 13/16 inches (38 x 27.5 cm), Image: 13 5/16 x 10 7/8 inches (33.8 x 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "L/m"; lower left: "Vol 6 P 319";, on back, upper left: "100"; lower left: "(design)"; lower right: "This print is [...] and [...] | being an impression before the Plate was reduced | 111 for 176/crease 15/"
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds Pinx,,t"; lower center: "Laurence Sterne, A.M. | Prebendary of York, Vicar of Sutton on the Forest and of Stillington near York."; lower right: "E. Fisher fecit. | Pr. 5.s"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | cloak | curls | desk | drapery | garter | gaze | gesturing | leg | mantle | papers | poet | portrait | posing | quills | robe | sitting | sleeves | smiling | Sterne, Laurence (1713–1768), writer and Church of England clergyman | vicar | wig
- Associated People:
- Sterne, Laurence (1713–1768), writer and Church of England clergyman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest: