IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Simon Francois Ravenet, 1721–1774, French, active in Britain, Isaac Watts, undated
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Stipple engraving and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 6 11/16 inches (23.2 × 17 cm), Plate: 8 7/16 × 5 15/16 inches (21.4 × 15.1 cm), Image: 7 13/16 × 5 7/16 inches (19.8 × 13.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.6.P.346"
Lettered, upper center: "ISAAC WATTS. D.D."; lettered, lower right: "Ravenet Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | books | Cartouche | figures | frame (ornament area) | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | wig
- Associated People:
- Watts, Isaac (1674-1748), theologian and hymn writer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.