Mary Isabella, Duchess of Rutland
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine collé
- Sheet: 21 5/16 × 16 1/8 inches (54.1 × 41 cm), Plate: 17 3/8 × 13 1/2 inches (44.1 × 34.3 cm), Chine collé: 17 1/4 × 13 1/4 inches (43.8 × 33.7 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 × 5 11/16 inches (19.1 × 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Anne Mee"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Anne Mee"; lettered, lower center: "Mary Isabella, Duchess of Rutland | Wife of Charles fourth Duke of Rutland | AND DAUGHTER OF CHARLES NOEL, 4th DUKE OF BEAUFORT | & Elizabeth Berkley Baroness Bottetourt | Taken from the Gallery of Beauties in the Court of His most excellent Majesty George the Third | Painted by Anne Mee | Pub'd Feby.1,1812, by Ann Mee, 66 Upper Berkley Street."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by A.Cardon."
Signed pen and black ink, lower right: "Anne Mee)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- jewelry | portrait
- Associated People:
- Manners [née Somerset], Mary Isabella, duchess of Rutland (1756–1831), politician and society hostess
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Anthony Cardon, 1772–1813, Flemish, Mary Isabella, Duchess of Rutland, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.