- Frances Grey (née Brandon), Duchess of Suffolk and her Husband Adrian Strokes
- Stipple engraving and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 23 7/16 inches (50.2 × 59.5 cm), Plate: 18 3/4 × 22 1/4 inches (47.6 × 56.5 cm), and Image: 17 15/16 × 21 3/4 inches (45.6 × 55.2 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Lucas de Heere pinxit."This Noble Lady was eldest Daughter of CHARLES BRANDON Duke of SUFFOLK and | MARY the French Queen his DUTCHESS, She was married to HENRY GREY Marquess of Dorset | and Duke of SUFFOLK &c the Mother of Lady JANE GREY who was proclaimed QUEEN. | from an Original in the Cabinet of the Honble HORACE WALPOLE, Junr. Esqr. most Humbly Inscrib'd | FRANCES | DUTCHESS | of SUFFOLK and her | Husband ADRIAN STOKES Esqr."; lettered, lower right: "Geo.Vertue, Lond: Sculpsit 1748 | by his most Obedient Servant G.Vertue."; lettered, upper right: "PL.IV"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, Frances Grey (née Brandon), Duchess of Suffolk and her Husband Adrian Strokes, 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.