- West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Virtues - Charity
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/16 × 18 1/8 inches (63.7 × 46 cm), Plate: 19 13/16 × 12 7/8 inches (50.3 × 32.7 cm), and Image: 18 5/16 × 11 7/8 inches (46.5 × 30.2 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds | Drawn by Josiah Boydell"; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by G.S. & J.G.Facius"; lettered, lower center: "CHARITY. | To the Rev'd John Oglander D.D. the Warden & to the Society of New College in Oxford. | This Plate is Dedicated by their Obliged humble Servant John Boydell. | Publish'd Nov. 1. 1781 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | charity | children | holding | religious and mythological subject | the Three Theological Virtues | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Siegmund Facius, 1750–1804, West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Virtues - Charity, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.