West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Virtues - Prudence
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on thick, rough, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 24 1/2 × 18 1/8 inches (62.2 × 46 cm), Plate: 19 15/16 × 12 7/8 inches (50.6 × 32.7 cm), and Image: 18 3/8 × 11 13/16 inches (46.7 × 30 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds | Drawn by Josiah Boydell"; lettered, lower right: Engrav'd by G.S. & J. G. Facius"; lettered, lower center: "PRUDENCE. | To the Rev'd John Oglander D.D. the Warden, & to the Society of New College in Oxford | This Plate is Dediated by their Obliged humble Servant John Boydell | Publish'd June 1st, 1782 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | arrow | mirror | prudence | shawl | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Siegmund Facius, 1750–1804, West Window of the Chapel, New College Oxford: The Virtues - Prudence, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.