Madona Col Bambino
- Additional Title(s):
Virgin and Child
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- 20 3/4 × 15 1/8 inches (52.7 × 38.4 cm), 19 13/16 × 14 inches (50.3 × 35.6 cm), and 18 3/8 × 13 7/8 inches (46.7 × 35.2 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds P.R.A. & Engrav'd by J.R.Smith, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Royal Highness the Prince of Wales | Modona col Bambino | London Publish'd Jany 1st.1791 by J.R.Smith King Street, Covent Garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | child | Christianity | curtain | embrace | holding | love | Madonna: i.e. Mary with the Christ-child | mother | religious and mythological subject | sitting | trees | window
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.