Venus Childing Cupid
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/16 × 12 7/8 inches (43.3 × 32.7 cm), Plate: 14 3/8 × 11 inches (36.5 × 27.9 cm), and Image: 9 3/8 × 7 7/8 inches (23.8 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "IV 219"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "F.Bartolozzi fecit."; lettered, lower center: "VENUS CHIDING CUPID. | Publish'd as the Act directs, by A.Poggi, No.7, St.George's Row, Oxford Turnpike, Janry.1st 1784."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | children | clouds | goddess | scroll | teasing | wings | woman
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Venus Childing Cupid, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.