- Count Ugolino della Gherardesca and His Sons in Prison
- Mezzotint on moderatelly thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/2 × 25 1/4 inches (52.1 × 64.1 cm), Plate: 20 × 24 11/16 inches (50.8 × 62.7 cm), and Image: 19 7/8 × 24 5/8 inches (50.5 × 62.5 cm)
Collector's mark: "K" for Thomas Kirk, student of Richard Cosway (Lugt 325)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds | Publish'd as the Act Directs Febr. 1st 1774."; lettered, lower left: "Ugolino"; lettered, lower center: "John Boydell excudit 1774"; lettered, lower right: "J.Dixon sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, Count Ugolino della Gherardesca and His Sons in Prison, 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.