- Entrance to the Meuse: Orange Merchant on the Bar Going to Pieces
- Etching and mezzotint printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 13 3/4 inches (23.8 × 34.9 cm), Plate: 7 × 9 1/2 inches (17.8 × 24.1 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 1/4 inches (16.5 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: "J.M.W. Turner - Sir Frank Short"; "Strange 93", inscribed on reverse: "Entrance to the Meuse - Orange merchant on the Bar going to pieces; Brill Church bearing SE by S. Masensluys E by S."; "R.A. 1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Frank Short, 1857–1945, British, Entrance to the Meuse: Orange Merchant on the Bar Going to Pieces, 1889
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.