- Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Plan of the Great Hall
- Pen and black and violet ink with gray wash and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 16 1/8 inches (26.7 x 41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Porch. | Now Destroyed"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "Chapel"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Plan of Great Hall. Bishops Palace Wells. | The Parts marked Dotted are destroyed"; in graphite, lower right: "No 2"; in pen and black ink and graphite, throughout, notes and calculations given
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "AW Pugin 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapel | compass rose | floor plans | great halls | palace | plans (drawings) | porches | turrets (towers)
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Plan of the Great Hall, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.