Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Elevation, Plan and Section of Window in the Great Hall
- Part Of:
Collective Title: [One of] Sixty-seven sheets of elevations, ground plans, and ornamentation from several Gothic structures. One loose drawing.
- Pen and black and violet ink with purple wash and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 x 9 11/16 inches (37.9 x 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Plan cut at A A looking down"; upper right:"These water tables corespond | exactly with those on angle turrets"; center right: "These water tables corespond | exactly with those on angle turrets."; lower right: "Section Cut | Through Center"; in pen and gray ink, lower center: "Interior Compartment Great Hall Bishops Palace Wells"; various notes and measurements in graphite and pen and black ink throughout
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | great halls | interior | palace | plans (drawings) | sections | turrets (towers) | water tables
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Elevation, Plan and Section of Window in the Great Hall, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.