Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Plan, Elevations and Details of Window
- Part Of:
- Pen and black and violet ink with purple wash and graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 16 5/16 inches (27.3 x 41.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "One of the Windows of the Long Gallery, Bishops Palace Wells"; in pen and black ink, upper left: "Interior"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "Section cut through | center of windows"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "Mould of Arch & Label at B"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Cap Mould"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Half plan at AA looking out"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Half Plan at | AA looking down"; in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given and drawing labeled
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, upper right: "AW Pugin Sept 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | columns (architectural elements) | Gothic (Medieval) | long gallery | palace | sections | windows
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Plan, Elevations and Details of Window, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.