Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Lower Floor Plan of Octagon Tower
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink with graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 10 1/2 inches (37.8 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Plan of Lower Story of octagon Tower | adjoining Great Hall of Bishop's Palace, Wells, | ([...] t the 4 angles) Somersetshire"; in graphite, lower left: "Great Hall"; in graphite, lower right: "Mouldings of Rib | at A"; in pen and black ink, upper left: "Plan cut at AA"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "bracket at P"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, various dimensions given
Watermark: "J WHATMAN | 1832"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "FT Dollman | Sept 13. 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Gothic (Medieval) | moulding | octagonal | palace | plans (drawings) | sections
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (FT Dollman), Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Lower Floor Plan of Octagon Tower, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.