Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Lower Floor Plan of Octagon Tower
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black ink with graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 10 1/2 inches (37.8 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Plan of Lower Story of octagon Tower | adjoining Great Hall of Bishop's Palace, Wells, | ([...] t the 4 angles) Somersetshire"; in graphite, lower left: "Great Hall"; in graphite, lower right: "Mouldings of Rib | at A"; in pen and black ink, upper left: "Plan cut at AA"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "bracket at P"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, various dimensions given
Watermark: "J WHATMAN | 1832"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "FT Dollman | Sept 13. 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Gothic (Medieval) | moulding | octagonal | palace | plans (drawings) | sections
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (FT Dollman), Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Lower Floor Plan of Octagon Tower, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.