Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: First Floor Plan of Octagon Tower
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 x 10 1/2 inches (37.9 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "4th Floor Plan of Octagon Turret of Great Hall, | Bishop's Palace, Wells, | Somersetshire"; in graphite, lower right: "Section on line AA | showing Doorway and | angle of wall"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Plan cut at BB"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled and dimensions given
Signed in graphite, lower left: "FT Dollman | Sept. 12th. 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Gothic (Medieval) | great halls | octagonal | palace | plans (drawings) | sections | turrets (towers)
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (FT Dollman), Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: First Floor Plan of Octagon Tower, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.