Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: First Floor Plan of Octagon Tower
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 x 10 1/2 inches (37.9 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "4th Floor Plan of Octagon Turret of Great Hall, | Bishop's Palace, Wells, | Somersetshire"; in graphite, lower right: "Section on line AA | showing Doorway and | angle of wall"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Plan cut at BB"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled and dimensions given
Signed in graphite, lower left: "FT Dollman | Sept. 12th. 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Gothic (Medieval) | great halls | octagonal | palace | plans (drawings) | sections | turrets (towers)
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (FT Dollman), Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: First Floor Plan of Octagon Tower, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.