- Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Plan through Battlements of Octagon Tower
- Graphite with pen and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 x 10 1/4 inches (37.9 x 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Section of Coping | cut at AAA"; in graphite, lower center: "Plan, cut through Battlements, of Octagon Turret of Great Hall, | Bishop's Palace, Wells, | Somersetshire"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Plan cut at CC"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, labels and dimensions given
Watermark: "J WHATMAN | 1832"
Signed and date in graphite, lower left: "FTDollman | Sept. 12th. 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | battlements | Gothic (Medieval) | great halls | octagonal | palace | plans (drawings) | sections | turrets (towers)
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (FT Dollman), Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset: Plan through Battlements of Octagon Tower, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.